March 18, 2011

Ram Pipe Air Filters

With the new rampipe mold done and ready to go I needed to figure out some type of filter, original plan was to order some pipercross socks but the price, availability and reviews made that a no go. Instead I created my own very cheap solution. I used the plates from my old cheap air filters and picked up some filters elements which fit them and had the max length which would clear the wheel well. Basically spent an hour in a Canadian Tire pulling filters out of boxes and testing them. These were Canadian Tires own Motomaster brand(only $5 each) and required on a slight modification to make them a perfect fit. The nuts clear the wheel well by 1/4" which should be enough.  The idea is that i can now fit a longer and large ram pipe inside which will aid the motor far more than a stubby one and still have a decent filter element covering them. No Socks. Stay tuned for Ram Pipes v2.0 and how I fit them to the carbs.


Nyloc nuts were a must on the longer retaining studs!
Posted by Picasa